i love having coffee and learning new things about everyone each week with coffee talk. before we get started, i thought i should share with you how i like my coffee. hopefully the way i like my coffee isn't a glimpse of what my life is like because i prefer my coffee... plain. black. no cream. no sugar. no excitement, what so ever. actually that's not my life at all, because my life is full of excitement. come on...hello, six kids?...how can it not be?
... if i do go to starbucks, i usually get a caramel macchiato, and that never really changes unless it is a pumpkin spice latte or one of those holiday drinks.
this week the coffee talk questions are a birthday theme in celebration of natalie's birthday. go over and wish her a happy day!
1. When is your birthday? How old will you be? What is your sign?
my birthday is november 30th and i am a sagittarius. email me at sixcherriesontop(at)gmail(dot)com if you haven't yet received my mailing address to send my gifts. ha! i'm kidding. sorta!
2. What's the BEST birthday gift you've ever gotten? What is the WORST gift?
the best gift ever is a christmas ornament i received from a co-worker the year my ex-husband and i separated. my parents and i weren't speaking either, and the day i was supposed to have off for my birthday was basically taken away because one of my other lame lazy ass co-workers decided not to show up that day. i was in a super rotten mood, missing my family, and thought no one remembered my day. so while i was crying in a corner at work, my co-worker, debbie came in with a small gift and inside it was a beautiful christmas ornament. i loved it and am always grateful for her doing that, that day. it may not have been the most expensive gift or anything but it was the most meaningful gift i have ever been given on a birthday.
i don't think i have ever had a terrible gift because i am grateful for everything i have ever been given.
3. Do you like having birthday parties for yourself? What about surprise birthday parties?
not really. the last birthday party i had was when i was 7 and my mom invited a magician to the house who proceeded to saw my mom in half and traumatize me for the rest of my life. well, not the REST of my life, but i seriously flipped out. obviously, it was fake but at the time, i had no idea. i love having parties for other people though.
intermission: i thought i would take a break here to let you know that it has been one heck of a stressful week, that i just ate 10 hostess sweet sixteen donuts, and now i feel like a fat pig!
4. What is your dream birthday party bash???
i have no idea. i have honestly never thought about it. i have talked to jason about restaurant hopping in the past so that may be something awesome. not really something you can do with a bunch of people but it would be something like this:
- starbucks coffee
- all you can eat buffet breakfast at golden corral
- chicken wings at wild wing cafe
- sushi made by our favorite sushi chef at harris teeter
- frozen yogurt at sweet spoons
- homewreckers at moe's
- salad and breadsticks at olive garden
- cupcakes at gigi's cupcakes
- drive in movie with nachos and cheese and lots of jalapenos
i am pretty sure i would be vomiting by the time i even got to the sushi, but the whole idea is something i have always wanted to do. oh, and it would also be a free pass day where i didn't gain a single pound.
5. What is your favorite kind of birthday cake? [handmade, store bought, made fresh by a baker]
my birthday is close to chirstmas so i have always loved red velvet cake with white homemade cream cheese frosting and crushed candy cane pieces.
6. What is on your birthday wish list?
- birchbox. i think i am the last person on the planet to get this.
- starbucks coffee mug with giftcard
- toms or vans (since my last pair were stolen by my oldest daughter mackenzie. that's what happens when you have kids young, you have the same interests, and your kid reaches the same sizes you are)