this little man is so crazy and i love being his mom. he really is such an easy kid to please. overall, he has definitely been my easiest child so far. but, one thing we struggle most with are naps. he doesn't really take them unless we are on the go in the van. it's pretty much a guarantee that he is going to fall asleep if we go for a ride. and most of the time, he will hold off until right before it's time to get out. go figure, huh? that means, we either hang out in the van until he gets a nap in, or wake him up and deal with cranky baby status. BUT, he can almost always sense when we are home because as soon as we pull in the driveway, those eyes pop open. there is no carrying sleepy baby inside to finish out his nap.
however, i sometimes forget he is almost 4 and pretty much at an age where all kids begin to outgrow naps and officially receive their "big kid" title. it's so hard to believe he will be in kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year. i think i have a little bit of denial, simply because i know he is my last child. i love babies and the babies of my friends, but there is nothing like snuggling your own. i get a little sad thinking about the day he will push me away and no longer think i am THE coolest person in the world.
because i am with elijah every day throughout the week, of course, i tend to take more photos of him. so, i thought i would share all of the photos i have taken on my phone of him recently. enjoy!
this boy is growing so fast. here are just a few of his favorites and some of the things he has been up to:
- his favorite movie is wreck it ralph. he has his own little hammer that he sometimes walks around with declaring that he is fix it felix jr.
- his favorite show on tv is doc mcstuffins. we even bought him a doll recently that he loves.
- we were trying to let his hair grow out but his hair is so thick that it just wouldn't lay flat and always felt sticky because it was hot for him and made him sweat... so we cut it! (last photo)
- he recognizes colors, shapes, numbers, and some letters. we are currently working on letter and sight word flash cards.
- he is still pretty picky, but his favorite foods lately are bananas, black olives, meatballs, raisins, almonds, and... *gasp* bologna and cheese sandwiches. he still won't eat any kind of pasta.