Tuesday, October 15, 2013
10 Things on Tuesday
Posted by Joni
1. If I'm keeping it real here, then I should tell you that I have the world's worst dry scalp during the cooler months. I usually have to use Head and Shoulders shampoo to tame the itch and the "snowfall", starting around this time every year, and if I don't, I will scratch like a mangy dog.
2. As a birthday gift to her daughter, Crystalyn over at Flavor Pink is teaching her children about the USA and each of it's states, and came up with a genius idea. She is trying to find someone from each of the 50 states to write her daughter a letter so that as they are learning about each state, she has a letter from someone who lives there. What an awesome idea, and I got to be part of it. I sent off my letter this morning along with a couple other little goodies. Talk about the best birthday ever!
3. It is Infant Loss Awareness Day and I am lighting a candle for my sweet friend, Holly and her son Liam, today! Be sure to say an little prayer and light your own candle to honor those mothers (maybe even a beautiful woman you know) who have lost a child.
4. I hit 119 lbs. the other day on the scale and was so excited. The last time I weighed 119 lbs., I was a couple months pregnant with my oldest daughter, Mackenzie. She's 15.
5. Have you seen these Hootie Hoots that Katherine, the owner of Stitched Boutique, makes! Oh my, these guys (and gals) are adorable! I love handmade dolls and would love to add one of these cuties to my collection. Did I mention my birthday is next month?
6. I have a pile of laundry that I just can't seem to get through. Holy cow, I loathe doing laundry! I should probably be doing it right now!
7. Old Navy Rockstar jeans are the perfect fit on my body! I bought 3 pairs recently and love how great they wear and feel! I need 3 more STAT!
8. Amanda and I are working together to spread encouragement and random acts of kindness until the end of the year! Are you in?
9. I love Halloween, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't admit that I miss Summer. It's my favorite time of year and I love being outside. I can honestly say that some weeks we go days upon days without venturing outside during the colder days of Fall and Winter. I just don't like it!
10. Dunkin Donuts, you have won my heart! I am absolutely in love with the Apple Pie coffee this Fall. I originally went to get the Pumpkin Spice coffee, but when I saw it was out, I picked up the apple pie flavor instead and am so glad I did.