Cooler weather calls for coffee and crochet slippers and fires and good books and comfort food.
- Starbucks is always at the top of my list. I like the holiday coffees, but my favorite is always a simple Caramel Macchiato. Sometimes Starbucks is a little mini date for Jason and I. And as soon as those chilly mornings hit, I live in my slippers.
- I used to have a pair of crochet slippers that were my absolute favorites in the world. They were so comfy and cozy and then they just disappeared. Dammit! Why does my stuff always go missing?
- We have a fireplace but we almost never use it. Perhaps we should put that baby to good use this year. However, we love gathering the fam bam and spending some time around the fire pit together. Cuddled under a warm blanket and roasting marshmallows and just talking.
- I am dying to read the book One Thousand Gifts since we have been focusing more on Gratitude and Encouragement. I actually had the book checked out on the iPad through my local library, but I didn't get around to reading it. I will definitely be adding it to my to do list this month.
- This is the time of year I will definitely need to watch what I eat. I can very easily gain some of my weight back eating all the goodies I make, as well as things from family and friends. I know a lot of people who can prepare some really amazing foods. But no matter what you bake or what you cook, one of my favorite things are the finger foods table at holiday parties. You can't keep me away from the cheese and crackers platter.
How do you anticipate November looking for you? What are some of your favorite things about this month other than Thanksgiving, of course?