I watched this video last night and couldn't help but get a little teary eyed as I sympathized with these women, over the struggles I have endured when it comes to accepting myself as God made me. Even after losing a whopping 50 pounds this year, I still wake up some days and am critical of myself. Extremely critical is closer to reality. I could sit here and talk forever about all the things I dislike about myself, but why do I do that to myself? Why is it so easier to focus on the negative, when there is so much more of the positive in me?
I have decided to take a stand in my own life and spend the next 30 days being less critical of myself and looking more toward my strengths and the physical aspects of myself that I love instead of constantly pointing out the negative. As the video affirms, other people don't see us the way we see ourselves, and that our own inner voice can be so detrimental to how we live our lives. I don't want to be the reason for my own regrets.
As I jump start this effort to put more energy into my focus on what makes me beautiful, I am going to share with you 10 things that I love about me. I would love for you to join in whether it be to share some things in the comments or to create your own post about 10 things that you love about you as well. I give you permission to brag without being judged.
Ten Things I Love About Me:
1. My eyes - They are definitely green, but sometimes depending on what I wear, they can look almost a turquoise color.
2. My creativity - I love that I have a passion for so many creative outlets.
3. My clear skin - I have amazingly clear skin. Luckily, I have never had to deal with severe acne.
4. My hair - have super soft hair. It sounds crazy, but some days I can't keep my fingers out of my hair because I love how soft it is.
5. My teeth - They are straight, I have never had to wear braces, and have only had 1 major cavity my entire life.
6. My sense of humor - I love to make other people laugh.
7. My confidence - I stand up for what I believe in and I am not afraid to try new things.
8. My uniqueness - I love to be different from others. I actually enjoy finding ways to shine in my own way.
9. My determination - When I want something, I go for it and am not satisfied until I get it.
10. My high standards and values - I always give 100% and always expect the same in return.
It's NaBloPoMo, which means I will be blogging every day in November. I do hope you will follow along here.