Jason and I have been discussing how the investment of a treadmill would actually be a great thing for us. Some days, I just can't get out for a run, either because I don't have someone to watch my younger 3 or because of the weather. A treadmill will give me that opportunity to keep my workouts consistent, and doing something I enjoy... running!
I created this file in Polyvore, highlighting some of my favorite running and healthy lifestyle necessities, and at the end, I have also included a few of my favorite workout stations on Pandora that I usually listen to. Jason and I recently signed up for the Color Me Rad 5k and I want to be in the best shape I can be as I celebrate one year of weight loss on our April 5 run.
- Pants - My favorite workout pants are a pair of Fila brand that I got a couple of years ago at Kohl's. I have purchased a variety of others, including a super expensive pair of Under Armour that I was highly disappointed in.
- Shirt - If it's super cold, I can wear a long sleeve wicking shirt, but for the most part, I prefer a tank top when running. Too much in my way just gets annoying and slows me down.
- Sports Bra - A sports bra is a must. I have yet to find a sports bra with an underwire that fits me properly, so I just make due with the ones I have like this one.
- Running Shoes - I haven't exactly had an opportunity to try a large variety of running shoes, but out of the 10 or so pair that I have had the last several years, the Adidas Energy Boost are by far my favorite. I have a bad knee area from broken leg several years ago and since I purchased these shoes, I have yet to have knee issues. Seriously, no joke...NONE! I have them in blue but would love to have them in this purple next. They are a bit pricey but definitely worth every penny!
- Armband - I just recently purchased a Belkin iPhone armband, after using one Jason had. I was previously using a waistband device, but prefer this much better.
- Earbuds - I was previously using these Yurbud earbuds, which I do love, but they didn't fit in my tiny little ears, quite like I wanted them too. I recently purchased Sony headphones similar to these and as much as I loved my Yurbuds, these are amazing!
- Water bottle - Surprisingly, I wasn't too picky in this department, so I really don't have a water bottle recommendation. I have always loved the Camelbak products, but a more affordable product is what I have, this Contigo insulated water bottle.
- Protein and Smoothie Bottle - The Blender Bottle is great for whipping up your protein shake or drinking your smoothie on the go. I use mine when I make get my protein intake every morning.
- Socks - I don't actually own any compression socks, but I have been wanting to get some for added support of my shins and calves. These are definitely my style and I would totally wear them over my pants to show them off!
- Heart Rate Monitor - I currently have a different brand of heart rate monitor, but I have been lusting over the Polar monitors for some time now. They just seem to be sleek and a lot more user friendly than what I have, so I hope to be getting one soon. Lucky for you, you may be getting one before I do because I have teamed up with 7 other awesome women to give one lucky person a Polar FT4 in the color of their choice.
My favorite Pandora channels when working out:
- 80's Pop
- Bruno Mars
- Foster the People
- Imagine Dragons
What are some of your favorite workout necessities? Do you listen to music when you work out? What's some of your favorite music to have or channels to listen to?
New to The Polyvore Files? It's so simple to participate. Create an outfit or a room decor idea over at Polyvore, share it in a blog post, then come back and link up here with me or with Kara over at The Snugly Duckling. Be sure to grab our button below too!